Monday, April 18, 2011

ENDA Againda

It is Monday.  The big news from the weekend is that I got my taxes done and submitted.  It's good to have another year of them behind me.

ENDA was introduced into the US Senate last week.  Because of my various involvements in 2007 I found myself to be an active participant in the drama that unfolded.  This time around I consider myself to be more of an invested spectator than anything.  That's not to say that I'm not passionate about what this legislation represents any less than I was in 2007.  But life circumstances have changed such that I've been slowly extricating myself from my various formal LGBT activism roles.  I'm not on any boards of directors, I'm not on any steering committees, I'm not aligned with anyone.

I've also become somewhat jaded with regards to my confidence that organized activism is the best mechanism for that kind of change.  That's a much longer discussion that I have time to explain here but part of the reason I've slowly disengaged is precisely that.  Nonetheless, it's not healthy for the mind or the psyche to be fronting all the time so I'm happy to let others drive.

I know I haven't been keeping up with my blog well and I apologize.  Today I've got a 700 mile drive to do so I'll need to keep this short, as well.  I'll share some more thoughts shortly.  Until then - onwards.

No comments: