Sunday, March 11, 2018

Time Passes

I visited my blog today.  Like an old friend, it has patiently waited for me.  I almost felt a little guilty acknowledging that it has been 14 months since my last post.  Regardless, I feel a need to be back here.

When I first started the blog, a dozen years ago, I never expected anyone would find it much less follow it.  It has always been something I turn to when I need to say something....whether it's to myself or to others.  The fact that anyone knows or cares it's here but me is secondary to the fact that it IS here.  It's like my pups - it doesn't judge when I've been away for a while.  It's always just happy that I'm back.

We are 2 1/2 months into 2018.  So far this year I've had a root canal, I've been to Urgent Care and spent an afternoon at the Emergency Room, and I turned 59.  That last thing is the most crazy of them all....that I could possibly be nearing the end of my 5th decade of life.  None of these are complaints because Lord knows things could be far worse.  At this point of his life my dad was already pretty much done.  His diabetes was killing him slowly, and he ended up succumbing at 64 years young.  That's always in the back of my mind.

I like to think I've got lots of time ahead.  Whether or not I do or don't isn't what's important.  I live with a sense of urgency knowing that there's lots of stuff I want to fit into whatever time I can do it in.  There's always more "stuff" than time. 

I'm happy to say I'm continuing to get to understand myself.  I get little pieces of information here and there and fill blank pieces of the puzzle...that help me make sense of some things I've known about myself but have never been able to understand.  Again, whether or not these things are THE answer is secondary.  They help to bridge gaps and add to my thinking in ways I've never done before.  That's what's important.

It's be easy for me to say that I suspect that there is Change in the future because that applies pretty much all the time.  But I think I'll be talking about it quite a bit as things unfold.  I've started some things in motion that should prove interesting over these next couple of months.  More to come on that. 

This short missive is simply meant to acknowledge that I've been gone for a while, and I'm still here.

One thing I will share is that a we published a new episode of our Podcast today.  There shows are truly a labor of love and I'm thrilled that they remain relevant.  I'll invite anyone who's got an hour to spend to drop by....in a way it's an extension of this blog.

Episode 64 – Hanging Up On A Dial-Tone Life. Guest: Judith Rosen

That said, I'll leave this short and pick up again next time.  Time passes, but we're still here.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Nice surprise --- only 14 months since your last entry ...

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again following you for years. I admire your courage, strength, determination.Hope your ok after the ER visit. You have made a difference to me and so many others. Take care and keep posting ☺

Wendy said...

What a great surprise to hear from you again. You have pioneer a path for me (and many others) so it's always good to see where the trail is being blazed.

jerseygirlangie said...

So nice to see that you're back ! <3 !