Friday, March 14, 2014

Brittle

In my last post I talked a little about Steady State.  In my world, it's an IT term used to describe the transition from development to day-to-day operations.

That's not the case when it comes to the ebb and flow of emotion upon which my life is perched.  Such is the price for being on this crazy hormone-fueled rocket ship that I've strapped myself to.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  But, it can get pretty crazy.

I'm an emotional person.  I still try to control them as best I can sometimes.  In a world where the Yin/Yang of emotional mind vs. rational mind requires me to focus on the latter far more than the former it can sometimes be quite the struggle.

The best analogy that I can give with regards to my emotions is the weather.  Sometimes all is sunny.  Eventually clouds move in for no other reason than it just gets cloudy.  Sometimes the clouds dissipate after a couple of days and all is sunny again.  But sometimes they turn dark and stormy.  That's the ebb and flow of my emotional state.

I sometimes reach a stage where I refer to my emotional state as "brittle".  It's a pre-storm condition where all the elements for the clouds to erupt into a storm are there.  Sometimes something will happen to push it in that direction.  Sometimes it just happens on its own. But it's one of those pre-eruption, bubbling-wit-emotion, something-could-set-it-off states that happens from time to time.

I'm "brittle" right now.  I attribute it to a variety of things - work, moving, finances, relationships, obligations, uncertainty....lots of balls in the air so it's not hard to see why things would be a little stressed.  Anyway - this too shall pass.

A saving grace is knowing that the weekend is around the corner.  I'm taking classes on the weekends so I don't expect to have too much free time on my hands.  But the fact that it's the weekend helps.


2 comments:

sweetbrandigirl2004 said...

Sorry for the ruff seas Donna I known exactly how you feel I've be riding the same ruff seas since my big move. I hope things soon get on a more even keel for both of us soon.

Be well and just keep swimming :)

Sophie Lynne said...

There's no one I'd rather sail rough seas with! The storm will pass, as you know!