Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Next

Last night at midnight, as I was getting ready for bed, I thought my body might finally be getting used to being on Pacific Time (just in time to go back east).  When I woke up at 4:30 in the morning I realized otherwise - that it's just the adrenaline talking.

When I got here I didn't realize that I had so many things to do.  Yesterday was full of doctor's visits, filling scripts, getting drug tested for the new position, getting some paperwork notarized, and various other errands that fill a day from early morning thru late evening.

On thing I will say is that the weather here has been magnificent.  I made the mistake of looking at the extended forecast and the next ten days are all sunny, 0% change of rain, low humidity, with highs in the 90's.  Sweet.  It reminds me of what drew me here in the first place.

I'm trying to squeeze a hike into today but I don't know if that'll happen.  I've still got a number of errands to run and need to turn my sights on what needs to happen over the rest of the week.  Anyway - we'll see how the day unfolds.

That said, I probably don't have time to be doing this either.  It's just that writing things down has always been a good way for me to sort out things that seem complicated when in the confines of my head.

Onwards.

No comments: