Friday, January 6, 2012

Dancing, or Something Like It.....

One of the things I've wanted to do for several years is to take dance lessons.  I've never had anyone "lead" me, and dancing formally like that doesn't come naturally to me, but it's something I'd like to learn how to do.  My neice is getting married this summer and both she and her fiancee are taking dance lessons already to prepare for the wedding which got me thinking about it....

Well, today's Groupon is a significant savings on some dance lessons.  So, I signed up.  I'm actually pretty jazzed about it.  I have no misconceptions about any innate sense of grace or femininity that I may or may not have.  But it doesn't matter - I'm doing it for fun.

Yesterday I went to have my new road bike "fitted".  It's quite the detailed thing, from measuring the angle of your leg at the furthest point from the saddle (supposed to be 30 degrees) to ensure the seat is the right height, to changing out the spacer bar and the handlebars to ensure you're not overextending your body, to getting used to clipping into and out of the pedals.  It took two full hours and was wonderfully informative....it makes a big difference.

So - today is Friday.  It was allegedly a "short" week but doesn't feel that way for some reason.  The weather here is looking stellar - sunny with highs near 70 - so I'm planning as many outdoor things for the next couple of days as I can.  This kind of weather in early January is just too amazing to waste so I envision a visit to the beach, some bike riding, a good run, a pedicure, and some photography in my near future. 

That's it for today - short and sweet.  I'm heading out to go to the gym before it gets too crowded there (the New Years Resolution crowd gets pretty thick after work) and then off for a half decent dinner.  And a glass of wine.  That's the extent of my Friday night craziness. 

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Robyn Ann Jane Alice McCutcheon said...

As someone who is searching for dance lessons and is also a road cyclist in Bucharest, Romania, I find your posting strikes a common chord!

Caroline said...

I always want to shout out loud at passing "people on bicycles" who have no idea about how they should have their bike set and how to ride it. Then they have the nerve to say that riding is hard or they have little control. Rant over.

You lucky thing!