Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day One

This should be short and sweet:

Today was 1/1.  The first day of the first month of the year.  Funny - but it felt pretty much like any other day.

Raucous New Years Eve celebrations in my world are a thing of the past, and last night was no different.  I can't for the life of me imagine heading out into the general craziness that seems to be so widespread around this single event.  Quiet times with friends, or even not even staying up to watch the ball drop, is a far more realistic way for me to "celebrate".

The weather here has been remarkably mild since I got here.  That is, until early afternoon.  That's when a storm in advance of a cold front started to move thru.  And, over the next 36 hours they're expecting big changes around here.  They're expecting up to a foot of snow and wind chills that may sink below zero.  Yeesh.  All I can say is that my flight is at 1 tomorrow afternoon and I hope to escape before it arrives.

I went to Wegmans today and stocked up on some local "delicacies" I'll want to bring back with me.  It's interesting to pack a suitcase with pantry items and hot dogs, but that's what I'm doing.

It has been a very pleasant visit.  Now, it's time to get back to business....

Early January can be culture shock for a little while.  With all the hubub and excitement leading up to and through the Holidays getting things back into the usual groove sometimes take a little time and effort.  As for me - I'm ending my Holiday eating binge as of tomorrow and getting back to training.  Other than that,  I've got lots on my plate at work and a number of other things to close out so there really won't be much time to re-adjust.




4 comments:

Sophie Lynne said...

Hot dogs????

What kind?

Amoroso rolls and Tastykakes I'd understand for a Philly person...

FJ said...

Exactly, Sophie Lynne, to say nothing of Goldenberg Peanut Chews, and other Philly delicacies....

Donna said...

Zweigel's. Red AND white hots. I've also got a couple of bottles of Dinosaur BBQ Sauce. Yummy!

Lily said...

I love your article. you can visit my website spotify free