Monday, April 14, 2014

On my way to Somewhere

I never really finished my last post before hitting the "Publish" button.  I was going to share a couple of pictures from my world, but events conspired to delay that.  No matter...here's what I was going to share.

Where I work....

My working week home

I watched the movie Phenomenon again the other night.  It's the movie where John Travolta plays simple country guy George Malley who saw a bright light one night and suddenly gets all kinds of interesting "powers".  The fascinating part is the affect it has on his friends who suddenly start to fear (and eventually shun) their long-time friend.  There's a lot of good stuff in there...it's a wonderful movie.

One of the lines I particularly like is when George realizes he's only got a little time left and is trying to explain it to the kids.  "Everything is on it's way to somewhere", he says.  So true.  It's all a journey.

I have been finding myself reminiscing quite a bit lately, not simply things I've done but feelings I've had.  For example, my apartment complex has an indoor basketball court so I bought a basketball to play there.  I haven't had a basketball in a quarter century.  I remember spending hours in our backyard all by myself, practicing the same shot over and over, pretending I was in a game.  I remember putting up a basket for my son so he could experience that same thing only to find that was my own memory not his.  He never showed an interest in it.

Songs do that, too...especially songs from when I was in high school.

I had a wonderful weekend.  The weather was sunny and warm (~80 degrees).  I spent time quality working in the yard.  We spent an afternoon on the jet ski, visiting some of the beachy islands around Charleston.  I took the boat to the mechanic to have her checked out for seaworthiness.  Nothing specifically extraordinary, but all of it was memorable.  As I sit here this morning I'm a little burned around the edges, but otherwise none the worse for wear.

Tomorrow I go in for my annual lab work - they're going to take and test my blood.  I hate that.  I'm going to assume all is well until I find out otherwise.  Keep your fingers crossed.  :)




No comments: