Monday, January 27, 2014

All work

I did it.

This past week has been one of the craziest I can remember.  Last Monday I drove to Dallas.  Tuesday and Wednesday I had class there.  I drove back to Omaha Wednesday night into Thursday morning.  Friday was my last day at work, I packed up my stuff and began loading the U-Haul.  Saturday I finished packing it, ran some last minute errands, and drove 400 miles to St. Louis.  Yesterday I drove the remaining 750 miles, punctuated by an unplanned 90-minute break sitting by the side of the highway after one of the tires on the trailer blew out.  I arrived last night at 11.  Today I had my first day at the new job, followed by 3 hours of unloading my stuff.

So, here I sit.  For now, the daunting task of moving myself and my "stuff" across country is done and I can relax a bit.

We're supposed to bear the brunt of Winter Storm Leon here tomorrow.  Temperatures here today were near 70.  Tomorrow temperatures will be around freezing, and they're expecting snow.  You gotta be kidding me.  Anyway, that's one of the reasons I wanted to finish the unpacking tonight, before things get too crummy.

Now what?  I take it easy for a few days.  I'm here, in a hotel with the pups, and it's time to relax before the next jag hits.  All work and no play....well....you know.

No comments: