Friday, September 17, 2010

A Winding Road....



This is today's song. It's kind of how I'm feeling about life right now.  If you knew what I know you'd see just HOW appropriate it is.  :)

This is Friday.  How did that happen?  How can a full week be done again?  I realize that some might feel as though the week has dragged but that's not my experience.  It has zipped by in another of those "So much to do but so little time" things....

I mentioned that I shut off my cable so I've got, like, 5 local channels to choose from.  It's probably a comment on my personality to admit that the one channel I miss most is ESPN.  Second is Paladium - the HD music channel.  The rest?  Not really.  It's pretty amazing that you can link your DVD player to NetFlix and other online video content and stream it directly to your TV.  I remember having an antenna on the house and having an entire separate dial on the TV for the UHF channels, that usually included PBS.

I was watching the news the other morning and they said that the big fashion accessory for fall is large sunglasses.  It may come as a shock to some that I've never really had much of an interest in fashion or trends.  Unlike engines of cars, where I have little knowledge and absolutely no interest, I attribute my limited fashion sense to not having the appropriate guidance and mentors.  In any event, I watched this thing on sunglasses with interest because I've NEVER had a large pair of sunglasses.  Mine have always been aviators or something of that kind, and I'll admit to being kind of intrigued.  I suppose that says something about my personality, too.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow and won't be back for several weeks.  How does one pack for a trip like that?  I've got a number of things going on and may just end up at a Ross or a Marshall's while I'm away rather than try to fit everything I think I'll need into my suitcase.  Of course, that makes getting it back home a little more "interesting" but I'm confident it will all work out.

I've got lists - things to pack, things to do, things NOT to forget.  But somehow I have a feeling I'll realize that I missed something.  No big deal.  I've become good at going with flowing so it's just one of those things...

I haven't slept well these last couple of nights which is not the norm for me - I typically sleep VERY well.  I'm not quite sure why but this morning I was up at 5.  I was laying there trying to get back to sleep when the reality of just how much I have to do today crept into the picture and that was it.  I probably shouldn't even be writing this but if not now then when?  I have no idea when I'll have the next opportunity.

Thanks to those who have checked out my re-designed website and have provided feedback. It is much appreciated.  One thing I'm curious about is how the pages look on other laptops, using other browsers.  It looks great and the pages load ok here on my machine but I realize that might not be true for everyone.  The link is web.me.com/donna.rose.

The pages that I'm specifically concerned to get "right" are the Training pages.  I've embedded a few videos into them from various trainings I've done.  Anyway - continued feedback is appreciated.

As for my "Check Engine" light - I took the car to the dealer yesterday and was told that the code was for the "Electronic Throttle Module".  Hmmmm.  I don't know what that is but the good news is that if they replace it it's under warranty.  He turned the light off and told me to call him if/when it turns itself back on....

I also went over to Maria's and had a chance to meet her grandbaby, Isabella.  I haven't held a baby in a long time and really enjoyed seeing this beautiful young child.  She stared at me, and it sort of reminded me of when my son was that age.  It's funny, though, because I used to think that I was fortunate to have had a son because I knew how to relate to boys.  I'm not sure how I would have related to a daughter.  Anyway, Bella is beautiful and I really enjoyed having the chance to meet her.  :)


Too cute.

I've done a number of things for me this week.  I got a long-needed pedicure.  I've spent some time with friends.  All things considered - that's probably why the time has gone so fast.  Sigh.

And with that - I'll say 'bye' for now.  So much to do.  So little time....

1 comment:

Barbara said...

The baby looks absolutely beautiful and so do you. Be safe on you trip, keep in touch.
Barbara