Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shorty

I'm following up on my note from yesterday.  It's 10am and I'm awake, still in bed, sipping a hot cup of coffee.  As I said yesterday - today is a day of rest.  The weather here is actually supposed to get over 40 degrees here today, too!  Balmy.

A couple of nights ago I attended the YMCA Valentine's Day dinner and one of the students there asked me to dance.  I've never been "led" before and we're both fortunate that I didn't step on his feet or twist an ankle.  At the end of the song, he dipped me.  Well, he tried to dip me.  Thanks and congrats to him - all were firsts and one of my learnings is that I need dance lessons to be better prepared next time.  :)

The Queen of Winter Hearts event in York last night was successful and even fun - thanks to everyone who attended, everyone who sold and bought raffle tickets for the iPad, and to everyone at Club XS for all their help.    After all was said and done I finally got into my car at 1:30am and was in my bed an hour later.  I can't even remember the last time I was in a club until that hour which is more a statement of how long it has been than me having a failing memory.




At some point during the night I woke up with one of those Charlie Horses in my calf that was excruciating.  The good news is that I was so tired I hardly remember it. But my calf is SO sore this morning.

Today?  Relax.  Going to call a friend and get together later.  And, I'll actually have breakfast today.  There's something re-grounding for me about having a good Sunday breakfast.

Onwards....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being led dancing? I get that. Your statement reminds me of the statement by Ann Richards "Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in heels." Great that you had a good time.