Friday, August 9, 2013

Gettin' It

I saw an article today that President Obama indicates that he does not support a boycott of the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia due to recent diplomatic and policy tensions (story here).  I'm glad, as I feel similarly.

I remember when we boycotted the Olympics in 1980.  You know who paid the dearest price for that misguided move?  The athletes.  I feel very strongly that athletic events should not become pawns for those looking to make political statements.  I also strongly believe that there will be a significant outpouring of support for LGBT athletes between now and then, and especially during the games themselves.

Some on Facebook seem disappointed by this, as though it were some sort of betrayal.  One comment was "He's not getting it".  I disagree.  I think this is wise, and I think he is getting it just fine.  As I ty

I'm a homebody for a second weekend in a row.  Sheesh.  I've got a long list of things to do and hope this weekend is as productive as last.  Of course, some of the things on my list aren't "work".  Like going to see Elysium, going to the gym, and a bbq with one of the

Lunch today was a grilled, stuffed burrito from Taco Bell.  It was actually fairly yummy.  I like all the various ingredients - meat, seasoned rice, beans, sour cream, guacamole - but often time I've found that the end result is not as good as you'd think compared with the individual parts.  Anyway - not good for the high protein thing I'm doing.  But, it was good good good....and filling.  I went to the gym after work to pay my penance.

As I type this preseason football is on in the background.  My patio door is open, and it's a very pleasant evening outside.  This is a good time of year.  I'm glad it's the weekend.






No comments: