Monday, October 7, 2013

For every season....

Yesterday was chilly, wet 50-degree autumn.  Today was bright, sunny 75-degree autumn.  I suppose both come with the territory.

I'm still diggin' work.  For a Monday - today was good.  Many (but not all) of my co-workers affected by the government shut-down were back at work today.  It was one of the few times that I was happy to see the parking lot mostly full when I got back from lunch.  I still don't think it's going to end anytime soon.

I'm still on my cooking bender.  Tonight I made a home-baked white pizza I enjoy.  I start with one of those Baboli personal size pizza bread thingys.  I drizzle olive oil over the entire thing topped with a sprinkle of garlic salt and cracked pepper.  One of the things I've started doing recently is adding a thin layer of creamy Caesar salad dressing - it adds a little something - topped with a sprinkling of feta cheese.  I top that with a layer of mushrooms (and sometimes diced tomatoes).  Lastly, I cover with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.  Bake it in a pre-heated oven (450 degrees) for 8-10 minutes and - Voila.  Mmmmmm......Delicious!

That it.  I realize it's not much but that's my day.  I'm fine with it.  It could be a lot worse.  :)


3 comments:

Angie said...

I like that idea of adding Caesar dressing - perhaps the anchovy in it contributes to a classic pizza flavor ?

Angie

Sophie Lynne said...

If you add tomato, is it still a white pizza? ;)

*runs*

Unknown said...

The next time I make it I am going to try using Caesar Dressing. Sounds yummy!