Friday, December 24, 2010

Family Xmas

Last year on this day it was snowing like crazy here in Dallas.  This year it was chilly but not cold enough to snow so all we got was rain.  Lots of rain.  But not enough to dampen the Holiday spirit.

I had an enjoyable day with my mom.  We ate breakfast out together and I ran some errands with her (swhe bought tickets to the Senior Center New Year's Eve Dance - so cute!).  We looked through a box of photographs she found in her closet and reminisced for a while.  I made salmon for dinner.

I wish I could say that everything was calm but I'm feeling a level of anxiety at the moment regarding the next step of my Holiday travels.  I was originally supposed to fly east tomorrow afternoon to visit a certain someone,  and even received an email from Delta yesterday indicating that I had been upgraded to First Class.  My happiness was short-lived, however, as a subsequent email indicated that my flights had been cancelled.  Well, I've since received notification that my re-booked flights have been cancelled too and I've been re-re-booked on a flight that leaves here at an unGodly early hour on Monday.  It might just be the earliest that I've ever been booked on a flight but in this case it's probably a good thing as nobody in their right mind will be at the airport.  I'm told the the problem is due to wintry weather in Atlanta although I've got more than a sneaking suspicion that it's because they didn't have enough passengers to make it worth their while.  Either way,  all I can do is hope that things go smoothly on Monday.  The good news is that I get to spend a little more time with mom which is something that's fairly rare.  So I'm not complaining too much, but still....

I drove down to Austin early yesterday and spent the middle of the day with my Son and puppies.  We had a similarly wonderful visit except that I left a couple of things there that he needs to mail back to me now.  It was great to see him and the pups.  The pups couldn't get enough playtime - it was crazy.

Tonight I've been scanning some of the photos that we looked at this afternoon.  There are some photos of my grandmother when she was a youngster, some of my dad, some of me, some of Andy - kind of fun.  I don't have most of them so I've been enjoying this.

No comments: