Monday, December 20, 2010

More Home Stretch

There was a time standing in line outside the White House on Saturday night when all I wanted to do was leave.  I was freezing - absolutely positively freezing.  In recent years I've become aware of a circulatory issue I've got and although I've had bouts with it before nothing approached what happened in line that night.  I was actually a bit concerned for a while.  Thank God I had a chance to stand in a hotel across the street for a few minutes to warm up.

I spoke with a few friends today that I've known for several years.  One of the best parts of being involved with the community for a while is watching friends "blossom" in their lives and then move on.  Still, the unique bond that gets formed doesn't get dulled over time or distance.  It was nice to catch up with my friends - it sounds like everyone is doing ok.

I've also done some thinking about how long I've been doing this blog.  It will be 7 years in April.  Seven friggin' years.  I was looking back at some of my earlier entries, especially at some of the photos that are embedded in there.  I've seen blogs come and go, people come and go, and still here I am.  Crazy.  Just as I've watched others "grow up" and move on so too have I watched myself change and move to various adventures in my life through my writing here.

One of my goals for the Holidays is to finally replace my website with the new version that has been out there for a while (see it here).  It's time for it to evolve to whatever comes next.

I watched the 4th quarter of the Giants/Eagles game yesterday.  It was wild.  All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't emotionally invested in who won.  But it sure was exciting.

Tonight they say there's a full lunar eclipse.  I'm sure THAT will be exciting.  Or not.  I dunno - I'm just not seeing the excitement in this.  Let's just say it's after midnight as I type this but I'm hoping to be sleeping by the time it happens.

With that - time for bed.  Tomorrow is another day.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the circulatory thing Reynaud's disease? That's a circulatory thing that makes the extremities, especially the fingers and toes just excruciating in cold weather. I've found that over-layering the trunk with shirts and underarmor type stuff often reduces the pain in the fingers.