Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I own it

So...I'm in Raleigh.  And I'm not happy.

I'm tired, my sinusitis is still hanging on so I feel like crap, I've got a headache, I want to be home, and I'm just generally ready to bite a head off.  It's probably not good to make significant decisions with that kind of dynamic going on but I do, and I am.

All this craziness over the past few weeks has caught up with me and I'm done.  I've got a 1:1 with my management later today that will include eliminating a significant portion of my unbalance. 

I can generally balance it all ok.  But at the moment my tolerance for it isn't high.  It's self-inflicted, and it won't change unless someone makes it change.  I will make it change, one way or another.  I own it.

That's one of those life things - just own it.  It's one thing to say it when you don't have other options but I'd argue that there are almost always other options for those creative and daring enough to make them. 

Regardless - I own this.  And it should be an interesting day. 

2 comments:

Sophie Lynne said...

Best of luck!

*crosses fingers for you*

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well - be strong!