Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The right to reassess

Ouch.  My teeth ache.

I went to the dentist today.  Simply admitting that is a fairly significant thing, as one of the hardest parts of moving is finding new people - doctor, hairdresser, dentist, etc.  It was time to go to the dentist and I had a good recommendation, and I'm glad I went.  They took good care of me, but when it's all done the teeth are sore for a little while.  This, too, shall pass.

I don't think I've ever seen as much lightning and thunder as I have here over this past month.  According to the new, in Charleston they've had over 33" of rain so far this year, which is 13" above normal.  But it's not that the rain has been oppressive.  Just lots of lightning.  And locally significant storms but I've avoided most of that for the most part.

The thing that concerns me...hail.  I see cars driving around with all kinds of dimply pock marks in them so I know what hail can do.  But the fact of the matter is that there's nothing I can do about it so I don't worry too hard.  Still, it concerns me.

Tomorrow the Supreme Court will announce their decisions on DOMA and Prop 8.  It will be an interesting day, especially given the decisions that have come down these past two days with regards to Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act and Affirmative Action.

But that's tomorrow.  Tonight I watched Bourne for probably the 20th time, or more.  I went to the gym after work.  I talked with my mom about her eye surgery yesterday.  I made myself a good dinner.  And now it's time for me and my sore teeth to get ourselves to bed.

This isn't the most amazing blog entry I've every written, but it's life for me at the moment.  Fairly mundane.  Stable.  Full days.  And I'm not complaining about any of it right now.  Although give it a few months for the cold to start blowing thru and I reserve the right to reassess.  Few things can make me whine the way that cold can.

No comments: