Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cold Front

Weather here in the Valley recently has been uniformly amazing.  Daytime sunny highs in the mid to upper 80's and evening lows in the high 40's.  Incredibly vivid blue skies.  This is the weather that people come here to experience, and they're willing to endure the searing summers that come with the territory to do it.

A cold front is coming through tomorrow that they're forecasting to drop the temperature 20 degrees, pound the state with winds upwards of 50mph or more, dust storms, rain and thunder - they're predicting quite the shift.  I'll take all that over the snow that they had on the East coast last week, or that Colorado endured a few days ago.  Last year was my LAST year of that kind of thing....guaranteed.

As predicted, making ignorant fun of the Girl Scouts thing in Colorado has become national sport.  There are a number of people you can guarantee can and will say something stupid given the chance or the provocation, and Bill O'Reilly is one of those people.  His latest (read about it here):



That guy makes my skin crawl. 

One of the places where I traditionally go in my world when I need to "connect" is the top of Squaw Peak.  I've written about it before, and I even documented one of my climbs from a couple of years ago on YouTube.  It's a good aerobic workout, it's a very pretty hike, and my little space at the top is a good place to go to clear my head.

I'm headed there this morning for a much-needed C&C (connecting and cleansing).  With all the change happening in my life over the last few weeks and more on the hirozon I'm feeling the need.  Anyway - my window of opportunity is short so I'll make the most of it.  More than likely I'll need to head back to the east coast next week so today's the day....

2 comments:

MCW said...

Bill O'Reilly is a putz! He is just plain ignorant for criticizing an innocent child for just wanting to be herself and have some fun.

Squaw Peak sounds great! Solitude is good for the soul sometimes. I am spending Thanksgiving in Sedona this year and am very much looking forward to it. Arizona is so beautiful! I am glad that you are happy to be back there. Stay warm tomorrow!

F. J. said...

Was that hike video two years ago? Have I been following this awesome blog that long?

I can live with that....