Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Da Hump.

It's Wednesday already.  Has it really been almost a week since I've posted here?

My weekend got  busy to the point I don't think I was online for more than a few minutes here and there thru the end of the day Monday.  It was a "good" busy, but anyone waiting for an email from me or expecting something from me didn't see much until yesterday. 

I'm back in Raleigh now, so I've got a little time on my hands.  I really don't do all that much here, although someone at work is trying to get me to do CrossFit with her next week.  What I really want to do is go to my usual Barre class, but I've got a lot of work stuff going on this week so it's not going to happen until I get home.

We're experiencing a bit of "spring" across the southeast - it got near 70 here today and is forecast to get into the mid 70's for the weekend.  Needless to say, I'm loving it.  It's not quite bikini weather, but springtime in Charleston is magical.  And, God willing that nothing sidetracks me between now and the summer - there WILL be a bikini in my future this summer.

There are a couple of things to comment on today.

First, I received an email from the National Cathedral in Washington DC indicating that they will begin performing same-sex weddings (read it here).  Love, love, love this.

Second, I got to my hotel room last night and watched a show on PBS I've mentioned here before, American Experience.  It was the first of three episodes titled "The Abolitionists", and I found it fascinating.  The entire first episode is available online (watch it here).... 

Tonight - Maggiano's.  It's one of my favorite parts of my trips here.  The good news is that it's near my favorite mall, the Nordstrom's Rack, the REI, and other good stuff.  Then tomorrow....work, then home!

No complaints.  I'm feeling good, starting a new project at work, good balance going on.  For now.    :) 


No comments: