Thursday, January 3, 2013

You Don't Have to be on your own.

Wednesday 1/2

I'm in Raleigh tonight.  The day took it's traditional path - up at 4, on the road by 4:45, pulling into the parking garage a little after 9, at my desk looking as perky as someone who just drove 300 miles in the dark can look.  It was a good day at work.  I found a Chipotles on my way to the hotel.  And now - here I am.

I've never actually been to this particular location of this hotel.  This is the Durham version of the usual one that I stay at in Cary, but it was significantly cheaper this week (for some reason) so here I am.  I'm not above admitting that I price shop, but I won't stay at a any hotel with less than 3 stars.  Since I've reached the "Elite" level they leave a snack and a thing of water in my room to greet me.  Funny thing is - it's like an exact clone of the Cary location.  Parking lot, rooms, overall layout, hallways....it's actually almost a little spooky.

I've had something on my mind lately and have been considering how to handle it.  It's one of those times where things that should be simple get made more complicated because someone wants to make it that way.  I realize that's pretty vague, but if things don't work themselves out over the next few days it will all become clear because I'm not going to let this go.  Stay tuned.


Thursday 1/3

I had actually planned to write a little more last night, but ended up getting tired and going to bed.  The energy drain of getting up at 4 and driving all that way, and then a full day of work, can hit all at once.  Add the general calming feeling that comes with with writing and being stretched out on a bed, and sleepy time can't be far behind.

I was up early this morning, which makes me one of the first people in the office.  That's not a bad thing as it's very quiet.  It's typical of my weeks here, as I really don't have a reason to prolong the morning other than to come to work.  I wish I were a morning oversize person but that's not usually true.  So on any given day I'm here I'll be at my desk 15 minutes before or after 7.

Plus, when I'm dong with my day today I get back into the truck and drive the 300 miles back to Charleston.  I'm strongly thinking of taking a side-trip thru Charlotte as I need to pick up some things that they're holding for me at the MAC Store there.  It's a little bit out of the way



I like this song.  I particularly like this version of this song as it focuses more on the words than the music.  You don't have to be on your own....

One of the topics on my mind at the moment is a redesign of donnarose.com.

The reason it was originally created has, by and large, ended.  Still, it serves a number of important purposes.  And lastly, as long as all those "before" photos are there I need to be aware of the implications (both good and bad) they potentially have on my career, on relationships in my life, and on other things.  I made a choice last year to keep DonnaRose.com alive for at least another 5 years.  Now I need to make decisions on what role I'd like it to play given where I am and where I'm going.  It needs to mature without losing it's roots.  Sort of like me, as a person....


No comments: