Saturday, January 12, 2013

Perspective

It's Saturday morning....6 something am.  I was in bed last night by 8:30 and other than a half-hour 12:30 wake-up I got some good sleep.  Weird dreams, but good.

I don't typically remember my dreams.  I do know that lately they've been more vivid than usual for some reason, but that seems to go in cycles.

I'm in Charleston - got here yesterday.  We're supposed to have near-record warm temperatures this weekend....near 80 degrees.  I can think of a half dozen things I need or should do but anything that keeps me indoors on these kinds of days needs to be pretty important.

When I woke up yesterday I had what felt like a pimple in one of my eyebrows.  It was sore, and bothered me all day.  When I woke up this morning there's a big, swollen, infected "mound" there that includes the inner half of my eye which is half swollen shut, too.  I can't find a way into the thing to put bacitracin on it, so I picked at it for a while and got it oozing.  I should put some ice on it to bring the swelling down, but for the moment I'm trying to stop the infection.  It's not a major thing....but it's one of those "yuck" inconveniences that sometimes happens in life.

Another "yuck" inconvenience is a situation I'm having with one of the companies that I subcontracted thru recently.  They owe me a significant amount of money for time and expenses (over $6K) and I've been patiently waiting hoping that things would work themselves out peacefully.  Nothing has happened, so it's time to turn it up a notch and I'm not going to let this go.

None of this is affecting my general life life outlook which is actually pretty good right now.  I think having a good outlook is sometimes necessary to deal with life "noise", although the noise can certainly bring you down if you're not careful.  I've found that a key in all of this is to keep things in perspective - that has been a big help during the ups and downs of life.

I'm watching Avatar on Blu-Ray as I type this....the visuals are absolutely stunning.  It's one of those movies I can watch over and over.  Love it.

There are a few news items to mention briefly...

One is here.  She's going to win, and the principal will lose his job.  That's my prediction.

Another is here.  Good luck to her.

Here's a third.  I wouldn't believe it could happen if I didn't know it for myself....

I had a hair appointment yesterday.  I love my hair appointments.  Yesterday we talked about some pretty deep topics...that's one of the best parts.

Anyway - I need to get this day going.  I've got the second of my recording classes at Guitar Center this morning.  So, I'll get myself ready to head out in the world....swollen eye al all.


1 comment:

Sophie Lynne said...

Never seen Avatar...


I wonder really if the teacher will win. NY is an "at will" state, which means "we can fire you ate any time for no reason whatsoever."

I hope she does. I really really do. Education is one of the fields that is VERY TG sensitive. Cant have them thar weirdos influuencin' the chillin's minds now can we?