Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year - back to it.

It was a quiet New Year's Eve, as planned.  I had a couple of options on where to go or what to do but in the end I went to a movie with a friend and was in bed by 10.  I was awoken by fireworks going off shortly after midnight but other than that it was pretty much just another night which is a good thing.  No over-eating, no hangover, no sleepy eyes this morning.

It's not even 8am yet and I'm already making arrangements to get to the gym for a morning workout before things really get rolling.  I'm hoping that the throngs of people who have made their New Year's to get in shape won't be so eager to make good on it yet.

At this time tomorrow I'll be in Raleigh, starting work.  I hope I can remember my passwords and stuff. It's odd taking a week and a half off - I'm sure it'll all come back quickly enough.

A highlight of the day yesterday was actually mid-afternoon.  I knew there probably wouldn't be much opportunity for a half decent dinner with the plans we had, so I made myself the dinner I had planned to make today.  Salmon, asparagus, baked potato, salad, wine.  It was all just perfect.

As with a lot of people, I think we put things on the back burner for a while during the holidays not wanting to have to face them until after the "Season" is over.  I certainly have, and there are a number of significant items on my back burner right now that need to come back to the front burner.  Making the mental shift from Holidays to January will take a few days, too.  It happens every year.

Well - I need to get to the gym while the spirit is moving me.  These things can be fleeting, and I've got a bunch of stuff to take care of today, and although I'm not usually ready to work out at this time of day right now I'm good.

To whoever reads this - I hope you had a safe and peaceful New Year's Eve, and I wish you a healthy and wonderful 2013.  Just don't forget to live each day as though it were your last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna-rose.

I just wanted to say, that while searching the net for like minded people I found your site. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your pages on your website, Especially your essay " transition;a matter of cost" I hope that I can make time like you have to offer my thoughts openly to those who might want to know what it is to be a Transgender women