Thursday, February 28, 2013

My second biggest need.

It's 2am.  I've got 2 dogs sleeping on the king size bed here at the hotel with me.  I should be sleeping, too.

The oddest thing happened tonight.  I went out for dinner and got back to my hotel by 7.  But I was overcome with fatigue and just lay down.  And I slept for 5 hours.  The good news is that it was good sleep.  The bad news is, well, here it is 2am and I'm awake.  I'm hopeful of still getting 3 or 4 more hours of sleep tonight.

As I mentioned last time, the CNN piece dropped today.  It's a topic that generates quite a bit of passion and I'm told by people who have waded into the comments that it's pretty ugly.  I expected that.  As I also mentioned, I don't look at the comments because it makes me crazy.

Late this afternoon CNN emailed me and asked if I would answer some of the questions being asked, or address some of the themes in the comments.  I responded by saying that they'd need have someone dig through the comments for common themes as I wasn't going to head down that path.  They agreed, and sent some questions along with associated comments.  I should be answering the questions right now.  Instead, I'm writing here and I'll be going back to bed in a moment.

This is my last day at work on this contract.  I actually enjoy contract work for this very reason - I like things that end.  There is a specific duration to the contract, and once it's done the option to continue may be there but the reason that an organization needed to supplement its workforce with someone has been addressed.  It can make for a fairly tumultuous life, but I've done it for the better part of 30 years and I've found it suits me.

I've enjoyed the work here.  I'm met some people I hope to stay in touch with.  My projects were all successful, and we part on good terms which is as it should be.  But now it's time to get some continuity back home.  That's my biggest need right now.

My second biggest need is to get back to sleep, so I'm going to try.  We'll see how it goes.  :)

No comments: