Saturday, July 20, 2013

Nuggets

Sometimes, a good day is simply about finding little nuggets of surprise.  Hopefully, it's a good surprise.  Not always the case...to be sure...but sometimes you so.

I went to a local dive shop today.  Admittedly, I didn't have high expectations.  The suppose the I assumed that a dive shop in the middle of the country, where it's just as far from one ocean to to the other, would be rinky-dinky.  Not so.

The dive shop here is amazing.  It's the nicest I've ever seen.  According to the sales guy I talked with, it's one of the largest in the entire country.  There's a huge, almost new, pool attached to it visible thru a pane of glass.  And a gigantic salt-water aquarium in the middle.  And there's more cool diving "stuff" there than I've ever seen in one place before.  The irony is that it makes the dive shops in Charleston - right there on the ocean - look rinky-dinky.  Charleston Scuba has a small-shop kinda charm to it and the people there make it almost like a small family...but comparing the "stuff" in the two is like comparing a Circle K to a Costco.

I digress.  I was there for an hour and if I had any money would have been been in trouble.

So, that was part of my day.

Another part of the day is that I decided to spend a couple of hours at the pool.  The apartment complex where I live has a pool that is sometimes overrun with people and sometimes almost deserted.  I was pleasantly surprised that for most of the day it was the latter.  The weather today was absolutely perfect for pooling - around 90 degrees and sunny - so a couple of hours of slowing down and chilling by the pool is just what the doctor ordered.  Very relaxing.

Obviously - today was not an earth-shattering, pedal-to-the-metal kind of day for me.  By design, I think.  I just needed some time to relax so I did.

Speaking of the weather, we haven't had rain in quite a while.  Charleston has had 40" of rain so far this year - 15+" above average - so the ground is soaked.  Here, it hasn't rained in weeks and the ground off my back patio is cracked and dry.  No complaints here, mind you.  We're supposed to get rain tonight which is fine by me.  My truck needs a good washing.  :)


I spent some time letting my hair dry on it's own and putting on a little make-up before heading out. I was watching one of my favorite YouTube channels (Pixiwoo) and showed some things I wanted to try on my own. Anyway - here's a selfie before heading out this afternoon.


And here's a photo from 14 years ago today.


I don't mind admitting that I like the top one a whole lot better.  I still sometimes need to pinch myself for the me I've become.  It will never get old.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You really do look terrific!!!

Sophie Lynne said...

if I looked as beautiful as you, I'd have to pinch myself as well! ;)

Maria C said...

Great poost thank you