Monday, July 29, 2013

Quit

My GPS quit on me.  Just stopped working.  Maybe it's unhappy that I travel so much so it has to work harder.  I dunno.  But this isn't good.

I spent the weekend in Charleston.  On Friday I worked all day, got onto a 5:30pm flight, eventually landed in Charlotte at midnight, got a car, then drove the 3+ hours to Charleston.  I got there about 4am - long day.  After 4 hrs of sleep I was good to go.

Today is Monday and I did it all in reverse.  I left Charleston at 1pm and drove to Charlotte.  Caught my 6:30pm flight.  Had a couple of hour layover in Atlanta.  Landed here at midnight (1am ET).  And here it is - 1am - and I'm decompressing for a few minutes before getting into bed.  I've got work in the morning.  And a dull headache.

I love my trips home.  Love, love, love them.  It's a lot of expense, a lot of craziness, a lot of logistics to make them happen.  But I love 'em.

We went tried out one of the local churches on Sunday and the topic for the morning was Simplifying your life.  My life is anything but simple.  But it works for me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'll post some photos here and go into a little more detail when I'm a bit more awake.  For the moment, I just wanted to check in while I relax.  Next stop - bed.


No comments: