Sunday, August 12, 2012

Wrap my brain

So.  Here it is.  Sunday night.  The end of one week, and the beginning of the next.  Things have changed.  Things that were unclear a week ago have gained a significant amount of clarity over the past week, especially over the last several days.

Specifically, the company with whom I interviewed on Wednesday and Thursday made me an offer on Friday.  Barring any unforeseen glitches or turns, I'll start work there within two weeks.  It looks like my next mailing address will be in Raleigh, NC.  The implications affect pretty much everything in my world.

I suppose there's still time for things to break.  There are always things that can get in the way.  But I'm feeling comfortable enough about this to mention it here.

Business Week thinks very highly of the Raleigh area, voting it the Number 1 city to live in the US (link here).  Of course, ratings like this are tremendously objective but everyone I spoke with there had wonderful things to say.  The thing that most enthuses me about what's happening right now is my overall good "feeling" while I was there.  And then, of course, there's the rainbow....

So, although I was supposed to be at my class reunion last night, I wasn't there.  Between all the things I need to do to finish up in Charleston, make plans in Raleigh, and then get to Rochester next weekend for my niece's wedding - I just couldn't do it all.  I couldn't be everywhere.  And although a highlight of my rebirthday weekend would have been the reunion - something I've been looking forward to for months - I wasn't there.

This is a big deal for me.  It's probably too big for me to talk about right now.  And I don't even think I've had enough time to wrap my brain around it.  Yet.

I'm also not ready to abandon Charleston yet either.  We're not done yet.  Part of the challenge will be finding ways to maintain that connection.  Anyway - lots and lots in the air.





1 comment:

Melissa P. said...

Donna,

I have read your blog with much interest for several years. I don't know that I have ever commented on any of the entries. I just would like to offer my congratulations. I believe you will throughly enjoy Raleigh. I was there for only a short time while in college at NC State for a year; it is a wonderful and beautiful city.