Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers, and Babies

I went to my first baby shower yesterday. My dear friend and electrologist, Maria, will be becoming a grandmother soon (it feels funny to even write that) so there was a shower for her daughter and their soon-to-be new daughter.

Since I've never been to one of these before (all the husbands were asked to leave when my ex-wife had the baby shower for our son - we were more than happy to oblige). There were all kinds of games, and gifts, and a wonderful group of people. And cute, little girly baby clothes.

When I was at the store, in the baby section, getting all the "stuff" I was amazed to see how things have changed over the years. Needless to say, the baby section that I don't usually walk through so it was interesting to see all the stuff there. I'll admit that it brought back memories. But I'll also admit that now that I'm the parent of a grown child I wouldn't want to go back to the beginning again for nothing....

That leads to today's holiday - Father's Day. It's kind of ironic to go to my first baby shower on one day and then celebrate my own role as a parent the next. The highlight of the day? My son called. And, I thought about my own dad today. There were several other highlights - I went to the fitness center and had a GREAT workout, I went to a friend's for dinner who cooked Jalapeno Chicken (Yum!).

I recorded a brief video blog today.



I got a CD full of photos and video from the Wrestling tournament in Cleveland last month. Many thanks to Chloe for taking all of them, and for sending them along to me. One that I particularly like in my initial review is while I was standing off to the side of the mat waiting for one of my matches.




I dunno why I like it. It's just about as raw a photo of me as you'll find. I just do....

Anyway, tomorrow is another busy day and then I fly to Oregon on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the V Blog. I am glad you had a good fathers day. I did to.
I also love the photo of you. Cant quite tell you why but it evokes feelings of a woman who knows her mind and is strong enough to do it. I kind of find it an inspiration.
x