Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pool

Today is one of those days that has come and gone and I have no idea where the time went.

The same thing happened last night but I've got a good excuse for that.  I've been wanting to play with some of my editing software and I wanted to go for a dip in the pool so I combined both of them to put together a little video of the evening.



It shows a little about where I live, as well.  Anyway - I started working on it and when I looked at the clock is was already 12:30am!  Time just flies when I get into this stuff - so much fun.

There's news of another trans role in a popular mainstream TV series.  This time it's on Nikelodeon, of all places, in a series titled DeGrassi (read details here).

Now entering its 10th season, the hit teen TV show Degrassi is once again charting new territory — this time by featuring a transgender character.
As Degrassi prepares to celebrate a decade on TeenNick, Nickelodeon’s programming block geared toward a teenage audience, the cast is excited to welcome a new character to the story. The show will feature Adam, a biological female who presents himself as a boy. 


This is at least the third of these that has come to light in recent weeks.  When mainstream media starts to get involved you know something is up.  Needless to say I'm very hopeful that these opportunities live up to their potential.

I went out to dinner tonight with a friend.  We always have a wonderful time together and tonight was no exception.  Dinner followed by a movie.  We went to the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie titled "Inception".  If I had to rate it from 1 to 10 I'd probably give it a 7.  It was very complex in terms of plot which isn't a bad thing - in fact it's kind of refreshing.  But it's one of those movies like the Matrix that will take repeated viewings to truly soak in everything that's going on.  And, I don't mind saying that Mr. DiCaprio was looking fine.

As I was watching all this complicated plot stuff I couldn't help but think to myself, "Who thinks up all this wild stuff, anyways?!"  There must have been some serious halucenigenics involved.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Why, it's the mushrooms my dear, haven't you heard?

Wherever it comes from, thank God for creative minds!

Melissa XX

Melissa said...

Most people get out of the pool, when they hear thunder!

Melissa XX