Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Video Testing

I'm playing with video tonight.

Specifically, I've uploaded a little ditty of a video to my MobileMe gallery and I'm looking for a way to embed the video into my blog, or a web page, or some other place. That usually involves some short piece of html code that you can paste into wherever you want it and the video gets embedded there.

Apparently, there is no elegant way to do it from MobileMe. That's a shame. There are other ways, though, but they involve actually linking to the video itself in the Gallery. Here's what I've got so far. (You can either click on the photo, or on the link underneath)





I'll get the hang of this. I like the concept of having a Gallery except that I have a couple of questions for Apple. And, of course, there's the embedded code thing....

Speaking of Apple, I uploaded the new version of Safari, the Apple browser, a few weeks ago and the stupid thing just crashes on me for no apparent reason. It's very frustrating. I'm seriously considering loading Google Chrome on here - this is my iMac - because I don't have time for buggy software, especially from Apple.

I also signed up for an account at LiveStream. I expect I'll have more to say on that as I get farther into it. For now, there's a channel named "Donna Rose TV". I've got all kinds of ideas about how to share things via video and need to figure out what's the best (and most cost effective!) tool.

Today is my first day alone in quite a while. I was in Oregon with a friend for almost a week, and got back last Sunday. My guests arrived a little later on Sunday and have been here for 10 days. They left this morning, and I don't mind sharing that after having people around for so long things are eerily quiet.

As for the Oregon trip - I uploaded several more photos to Facebook today. I'm sure I could create a MobileMe album of it in my Gallery but having different versions in different places becomes a hassle. I've tried to remove the security on the album so that anyone can look at it. If you'd like to see it, here's the link. Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing it....

Tomorrow is a fairly busy day. My favorite spinning instructor is teaching a class at 9. I'm meeting a friend for coffee afterwards. And I've got some time scheduled at Apple for the afternoon. All in all - lots of stuff to take care of.




2 comments:

Lori D said...

Nice Ovation Balladeer. Or is it a Celebrity? Well that's still made by Ovation too under the Applause line.

I'd love to have a jam session with you. I'd bring my Martin's and we'd have lots o' fun. I'm just down the road in the Old Pueblo.

Melissa said...

I have an I-Mac too. It came with Safari, but on the advice of a former co-worker, I downloaded Firefox 3.6. I like it, but whenever I click on a link to a Word Press blog, it crashes. Let us know if you ever figure out why yours is crashing. Maybe it's something all I-Macs have in common.

You are an incredibly busy woman! Always on the go! I don't know how you do it. No wonder some alone time seems eery to you.

Melissa XX