Saturday, October 6, 2012

For days like these

I live where I live, and live the crazy life I do, for days like these.

It's not that anything specifically notable happened.  That probably the best part.  Sometimes, it's the remarkable nature of the unremarkable that needs appreciation.

I started the day by waking in my own bed (it seemed more comfortable last night).  I made coffee in my own coffee maker.  I made a major trip moving stuff into my place....going up and down the stairs with boxes more times than I care to count.  I truly enjoy playing tennis, so I spent the afternoon playing tennis with the person I'd most like to play it with.  I went to see Looper this evening.  And tonight...as it nears midnight...I'm feeling peaceful.

Nothing remarkable.  No "Oh Wow" moments.  But....lots of "ahhhh" moments.  If I was a cat I'd be purring right now...

These are the kinds of days that come along every once in a while.  They're the culmination of all the "other" days....working days....traveling days....doing "stuff" days....And although there's lots going on in my world on a number of fronts today none of that matters.  I'll deal with it tomorrow, or Monday.

I've got more moving, and "nesting" to do tomorrow.  I need to drive back to Raleigh sometime in the next 36 hours so there's a 4+ hour drive soon.  But all that is in the future.  Today....was...nice.




No comments: