Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Little Ghouls

I drove to Raleigh this morning at O-dark-hundred.  I typically schedule all me face-to-face meetings during the  middle of the week so I can have longer weekends at home.  It's working out fairly well so far.

I was told early on that this company makes a big deal of Halloween.  It does.  As I type this the entire building is open to kids of employees from 4-6 doing trick or treating from group to group to group.  I've seen at least a hundred kids so far.  Probably way more than that - cute, cute, cute!  Some groups around campus have some pretty elaborate set-ups...with smoke and sound effects and animatronics ....leave it to a bunch of geeks.  It's actually pretty cool.  And down in the front lobby there's a clown, someone painting faces, and all kinds of cute kids things....

I got an email yesterday saying that employees are "strongly encouraged" to participate in the Halloween Festivities.  Employees from other areas are being bussed to our building for a 90-minute Halloween event tomorrow afternoon.  Our group was given a theme of "Facial Hair Icons" so one is coming in as Yosemite Sam, another as Eric the Red.  I considered doing Charlie Chaplain but I'm concerned it'd look too much like Hitler.  Anyway....
 
Hurricane Sandy is still doing some horrible things up north.  Her drive-by here on Saturday was nothing compared to the sights from North Carolina, New Jersey, and the entire northeast coastal corridor.  What a mess.

I went to the Carolina Coastal Fair on Sunday.  I had Italian Sausage, pizza, funnel cake, and ice cream....The kids had some deep fried cheddar cheese that wasn't as good as you'd think.  All in all, it wasn't pretty.  But it was goooood.  I even went on a couple of rides.  It's probably just another fair, but it just "feels" good to me.  I've got another ticket, and hope to make it back before it closes.  The Gyros looked good so that's next on my culinary hit list....

I uploaded a photo of it to Snaplog.  It doesn't show much of anything, except a pretty day-after-Sandy at the Fair.


1 comment:

Sophie Lynne said...

Chralie Chaplin???


Tramp!


;)