Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cuppla Things

I've got a couple of things to say this afternoon.

Over the last few days I've felt like I've been getting my butt kicked.  At the end of the day things happen and you just feel drained...

Today it's a whole other story.  I'm feeling like the kicker, not the kick-ee.  There's no real reason....it's just the emotional ebb and flow of life, I think.  But I'm managing a steering committee meeting in a little while so there's still time for things to change.

I've decided that I'm heading to Sephora later.  It's like Costco for cosmetics, and walking thru it is just good therapy.  They sent me a coupon that needs to be used (by today, I think) so I'm going to indulge.  It's a little way from here, but it's near the Nordstrom's Rack and the REI so it's well worth the trip.  We don't have a "real" Sephora in Charleston....there's one in the middle of a JC Penny but it's just not the same thing.

I've gotten some feedback on the Canon/Nikon thing.  I've found people have some very strong opinions about it, but frankly I'm trying to approach it from a company-agnostic perspective.  My main goal is to get something that is full-frame, and where image quality/features is more important than video quality/features. 

This is the bad boy that I'm leaning towards - the Nikon D800.  A close second is the Nikon D600 (they've got a package at Costco).  On the Canon side is the Canon 5D Mark III, and the recently announced Canon 6D.  I've already got some Canon lenses, but I'm planning to keep what I've got so it won't be wasted.  Regardless, any of these cameras is a serious investment so it's not that simple.

That's it for now.  I've had my mid-day Mountain Dew so I'm good to go for a few more hours.  Steering Committee meeting coming up....we're scheduled to go into production at the end of next week.  Wish me luck....

No comments: