Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mothering

Today is Thursday. I've been "resting" for a while. That is, I've been taking it easy. I'll admit, though, that THAT hasn't been easy. Slowing down after being in so much motion for so long becomes a hard habit to break. But I'm getting there.

My mom went to the senior dance tonight. She goes pretty much every Thursday evening and, at 80 years old, is far from the most "senior" dancer there. There's lots that I think helps to keep my mom young and continuing to go to these dances is one of them.

I recently re-read my blog entries from the past month or so and it's no wonder that my soul has needed a bit of a nap. These least few weeks have been full of significant change and I expect that will continue. They have also been full of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual stressors. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to re-charge because I've got some big stuff coming up. Again.

The neat thing is to see that my mom still sees the importance of mothering me, even at this stage of our lives. I think she's actually enjoying this. It makes her feel good. As for me, it makes me smile.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna, You can't blame her for wanting to mother her second daughter.
D