Sunday, May 2, 2010

Swoled

Note: This entry is reposted from DonnaRose from May 1, 2010

I'm swollen today. Big time. And tired as I don't think I dozed more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time all of last night. I'm hurting, too. I had some surgery in my mouth yesterday and you haven't lived until they've cut you and opened you from one bottom molar all the way around to the other. I've had it done before - a long time ago - but for some reason this time hurts more. I had drains in my mouth until this morning, too. Yuck.

I'll be taking the next few days to recuperate. The weather here in the Bay looks to be sunny and warm all week long - I'm very much needing the down time to regenerate. Last week it was getting beat up on a mat and this week it's getting my mouth cut open. Double Yuck.

I look like Don Corleone or something today. It'd be funny if it was so uncomfortable. I've got a few drugs on board at the moment to smooth things over. I'm just waiting for them to kick in so I can get some sleep. I hope.

I'm on a soft food diet for the next nine days. Good thing there are a number of places with good soups around here. I also remind myself that I like pudding, but I only seem to eat it when my mouth is sore. Go figure.

I'll keep this short. I'm hoping to be asleep shortly. If not - I'll add to it later.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hi Donna, I can only think you finally got some sleep, I hope so. Oral surgery is no picnic. After you all this I think you could use a well deserve vacation doing nothing. Take care, keep well.
Barbara