Friday, September 28, 2012

Loopy

I'm not even going to try to explain where I am, or how the logistics of the week have gone.  It's not just complicated, it's almost embarrassing.  The good news is that it calms down starting this evening.  Phew.  Well, it sorta does, for at least a couple of days.

I saw a couple of news stories that I found "interesting" recently.

One is from Time showing data that eunuchs live longer than....non-eunuchs (see the story here).  I can't believe there's data on this kind of thing.

Another is about the person who was on Anderson Cooper last week - the one who said a hair loss med  caused trans-ness (story here).  "Post Finasteride Syndrome"??  Oh, please.  And this silliness about not knowing what the show was going to be about just makes it worse.

Well - on a more serious note, there's a story in The Advocate about a 3rd grade trans child who is being "allowed" to use the girl's bathroom (story here).

Eunuch/Non-Eunuch thing....non-story.  Post-Finasteride Syndrome - confused, at best.  Child, school administrators and supportive parents - quiet heroes, probably best served if this "story" didn't become a story.  

I've started deleting "Friends" on FB.  I'm trying to be careful, but I've just got too many people there.....

I look forward to weekends.  I'm a work-hard-play-hard kind of person so this weekend it'll be time to play.  There's a new movie out that intrigues me....it's called Looper.  It seems very Matrix vs. Terminator like.....



I'm going to try to find time to fit it in sometime over the next week.  It seems like my kind of movie.

I'll end this little entry by boing back to my previous one, titled "Ordinary", for a second.  There's a song that I've shared here before but it's such an anthem for me it's worth sharing again.  It's titled "Anything But Ordinary".  Amen.


I turn this song up as I'm driving....and sing it.  It doesn't just help the miles pass....it's just true.


No comments: